Xiao was introduced as a new playable character post-midnight of Tuesday, February 2. This character comes with the new Genshin Impact 1.3 update. If you are wondering what might be the best build for Xiao then you are at the right place. In this post, we are throwing a guide open to all regarding the best builds for Xiao in Genshin Impact.
Xiao is a five-star character. Xiao wields a Polearm and is an anemo user. Xia is a high DPS character and can not only output some severe normal damage but also has an equally severe burst damage. Xiao is a protector of Liyue and is an Adeptus. Xiao is known be staying at Wangshu Inn.
Xiao is likely to be one of the best damage dealers as far as team composition is concerned. Xiao will work in perfect Synergy with good characters such as Barbara, Fischl, Venti, and Zhongli in the 1.3 update. You can, however, experiment Xiao and other combinations such as Qiqi, Noellle and similar such characters.
So, what are we waiting for? Let us dive in and have a look at the best builds for Xiao, particularly the weapons, stats and artefacts.
Best Build for Xiao in Genshin Impact
- Weapons: Primordial Jade Winged-Spear, Blackcliff Pole, Deathmatch
- Artifacts: Viridescent Venerer, Gladiator’s Finale
- Stats: Anemo Bonus DMG, CRIT DMG, ATK%, CRIT Rate,
There are quite a few polearms in the game which may suit perfectly to Xiao, but the best in class weapon is none other than the 5-star Primordial Jade Winged-spear. However, many people might not have access to this weapon, so, you might like to see some alternatives. You can try Deathmatch or Blackcliff Pole as well.
|Primordial Jade Winged-Spear||CRIT Rate||Eage Spear of Justice: increases ATK by 3.2% for 6s on hit, up to 7 stacks. Occurs once every 0.3 seconds. When at max stacks, DMG dealt is increased by 12%.|
|Deathmatch||CRIT Rate||Gladiator: If at least 2 opponents are nearby, ATK and DEF increase by 16%. If there are less than 2 enemies nearby, ATK increases by 24%.|
|Blackcliff Pole||CRIT DMG||Press the Advantage: After defeating an enemy, ATK increases by 12% for 30 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times, and each stack has its own duration.|
If you are a free to play user then you can also focus on the 3-starred Halberd polearm which can cause high attack damage for every ten seconds. Other alternatives are the 3-star White Tassel and 4-star and craftable Prototype Starglitter.
|Halberd||ATK||Heavy: Normal attacks deal an extra 160% DMG. Can only occur once every 10s.|
|White Tassel||CRIT Rate||Sharp: Increases Normal Attack DMG by 24%.|
|Prototype Starglitter||Energy Recharge||Magic Affinity: After using an Elemental Skill, increases normal and charged attack DMG by 8% for 12 seconds, up to 2 stacks.|
The Artefacts – Viridescent Venerer and Gladitor’s Finale are the two excellent sets on which you can set your eyes on. The two piece Viridescent bonus offers +15% Anemo DMG is ideal as you already know that Xiao often pumps out Anemo damage. If you combine that with the two piece Gladiator bonus then you get an extra 18% ATk. The combined effect is a good setup for DPS.
|Viridescent Venerer||Gain a 15% Anemo DMG Bonus||Increases Swirl DMG by 60% and decreases enemy Elemental RES to the infused Swirl element by 40% for 10 seconds.|
|Gladiator’s Finale||ATK +18%||If the wielder uses a melee weapon, increases their normal attack DMG by 35%.|
You can focus on the traditional DPS attributes when selecting the best Stats for Xiao in Genshin Impact 1.3. You can prioritize on CRIT DMG followed by ATK% and then CRIT rate. The primary Stat which is quite lucrative is ANEMO DMG Bonus. Following it is the CRIT DMG. You can also go for some defensive stats but your primary focus should be DPS Stats. You can use the Qingxin Flower to Ascension him and increase his power and abilities.
Skill of Xiao
- Normal Attack: Whirlwind Thrust
- Normal attack does a maximum of six consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged attack consumes STAM to go for an upward attack.
- Plunging attack strikes the ground below, dealing huge AoE damage.
- Lemniscatic Wind Cycling
- Lunges forward and deals full Anemo DMG to opponents.
- Bane of All Evil
- Xiao wears the Yaksha Mask to increase jumping ability, converts attack DMG to Anemo, and AoE and attack damage
- Xiao continuously loses HP.
- Ends when Xiao exits the field.
- Transcension: Gravity Defier
- It Decreases the climbing STAM consumption for your party by 20%. It Does not stack up with other passive talents that have similar effects.
- Conqueror of Evil: Tamer of Demons
- While Ban of All Evil is active, all the damage that is done by Xiao is increased by 5%. Damage increases by another 5% every 3 seconds if the ability is active, that too to a max of 25%.
- Dissolution Eon: Heaven Fall
- Using Lemniscatic Wind Cycling increases Xiao’s DMG of subsequent uses of Lemniscatic Wind Cycling by a full 15%. It can last for 7 seconds and has 3 stacks. Gaining a stack can refresh the duration.
Good part of Genshin Impact is that it keeps introducing new breathers in the form of new characters. This time it is Xiao! Hope this guide was helpful to you in understanding the Xiao better and hope you have a gala time in the game with Xiao. Thanks for visiting and provide us some feedbacks for us to improve. Thank you and happy gaming!
Other Character Builds…
- Best Razor Build
- Best Barbara Build
- Best Diluc Build
- Best Bennett Build
- Best Venti Build
- Best Beidou Build
- Best Mona Build
- Best Ganyu Build
- Best Sucrose Builds
- Best Albedo Builds