When total war: Warhammer was launched in 2016 by a creative assembly, it got the hype and the clout that was needed. The game had such a good response that the developers decided to have a second season to it. Total war: Warhammer 2 was launched a little after and is based on real-time strategy and turn-based games. Although the game had amazing graphics and some serious gameplay, the mods caused much trouble for the gamers. After the game got updated, the mods of Warhammer 2 were not working, and it was creating havoc in the streaming community.
Some of the solutions to make those mods work is:
SOLUTION 1: ADJUST THE LAUNCHER
- You have to click on the name of the game on the list by navigating to the properties menu.
- You will see the BETA tab, and you have to choose a launcher Release Candidate.
- You have to download this and wait until then.
- Select an updated mod and enable it. Run the game and check if the updated mod is compatible with it or not.
- You have to exit the game now.
- Come back to the first step after exiting and select nothing in the BETA tab, and just close the window.
- Now you have to re-enable the mods in the new launcher.
It is one of the major solutions, and it should most probably work. But if due to any discrepancies this method doesn’t work, you can try out the next fix for it.
SOLUTION- SHIFTING OF MOD FILES TO ANOTHER PATH
- You have to go where your game is stored in the disk which will most probably be in the C:\Program Files(x83)\Stream\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II.
- Then you have to identify the path where your subscribed mod is stored by opening used_mods.txt
- Copy any of the subscribed mod’s route.
- Paste this in explorer and, you will see two files getting opened. You have to copy those.
- You have to now paste the files at C:\Program Files(x83)\Stream\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II\data.
It should make your mods work without any glitches. Both the methods are tested and have been found working so, any of this can help.
Some of the best mods which always work and might not require all this tiresome work are crynsos faction unlocker+, dry rain reskins, chaos invasion choice, and random total war generator. These are from the quality-of-life mods. You can also try out Cataph’s Kraka drak: the nose dwarfs 2.0 or Mixu’s legendary lords from the lords and faction’s mods.